[AMRadio] Boatanchor Transmitter FS in Salem, OR

Bob Peters rwpeters at swbell.net
Mon Jul 23 11:37:39 EDT 2007

Well guys I know that I am an old coot as you would say..64.5 years old
and started on AM in 1958 even though it was 2 meter AM  HI!! Then a
DX35 to a pair of 813's in 1960.My 813 rig was built by the guys at the
FCC Station in SEARSPORT Maine. After they were caught running a KW
during work time they were told to get rid of it. It was a 6 Foot rack
with 813 modulators and NO TVI suppression at all.  I put it on the air
and just about knocked out every TV set in the neighborhood...I paid
$125 complete for it  LOL...Just a bit of OM Trivia...

Bob W1PE