[AMRadio] Average OP Age was BA Tr FS

rbethman rbethman at comcast.net
Mon Jul 23 11:51:31 EDT 2007

I'm *LESS* concerned about the calculations, *OR* building the shunt.

I have *MUCH* more concern for the youngster when it comes to *making*
the High Voltage Probe!

What clue does he have about insulation thickness?

What about creapage distance?

Heathkit used to make and sell a 20KVDC HV probe.   Has anyone priced a
new one lately?

Go ahead - take your 1KV VTVM and poke around a 3KV or 4KV power supply
- heck, even 2KV?!?!?!

Somebody is *going* to get seriously hurt!

Run a pair of 813s @ 2KV.   Okay, whom is going to do what measurements?

THIS IS what *WE* are losing with *US* getting older!  <I'm a young pup
at 57!>

Bob - N0DGN