[AMRadio] Average OP Age was BA Tr FS

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Jul 23 14:50:30 EDT 2007

At 56, you should be able to handle boatanchor stuff, that is how
you stay young...

I find its better to break things up into manageable pieces,
the mod and power transformers go on the floor in the bottom
of a cabinet, or on their own rack mount shelf.
The big 40UF 5000 volt caps go on the floor also.
The RF deck gets broken down into an RF only deck, and a control
deck (with the transformers and so on).
mod deck and power supply deck(s) are separate.

The racks have chassis supports (angle aluminum from home depot)
so I can slide the decks in and out.

A Viking 2 is not heavy, at least not till you have to carry it
1/2 mile to your car at some fest...

Real men pump iron, the others use hand trucks...
Bismarck said something about blood and iron, so he likely
ran AM...

The guys with the broadcast rigs are in a whole nother class...

Brett
N2DTS