[AMRadio] KWS-1 on AM

Grant Youngman nq5t at tx.rr.com
Mon Jul 23 15:12:17 EDT 2007

> I had a pair of KWS-1's, 75A4's while on Drift Station Alpha
> at the North
> Pole in 1958.  Operated 24/7 for 11 months until the ice
> broke up and the
> two pairs are now 8000 ft below on the ocean floor.

I "surfaced" at the pole in 1970.  Played a bit of softball, had my picture
taken with a couple of State flags, yada yada.  Great vacation spot --
really -- there's nothing like the view out over an ice landscape.

I guess the sets of Twins would have been a bit much for our divers to get
to, even if I'd known they were down there for the taking :-)

Grant/NQ5T