[AMRadio] RE: Average Age etc..

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Mon Jul 23 19:41:48 EDT 2007

Yep!  You're right, Ron.  I know there was at least one schematic that had
to be drawn and you certainly had to have a working knowledge of current
flow and basic circuit design.  I guess there were more questions then
relating to the type of equipment we used in those days.  When I got my
General there was no such thing as a "no tune" transmitter or amplifier.
You had to know when, how and why to dip!  I guess progress has moved the
test beyond the need for such knowledge, but I can't help but believe it was
a good thing to know then and would be a good thing to know now.  Of course,
I'm an old coot and live in the past.

Rick/K5IAR

Hey! I'm 62 but whose counting? I seem to recall that when I upgraded my
Novice license I actually had to draw a Hartley oscillator and label the
component values.... There were some multiple guess but they were rules etc
as I recall...

K3PID ( was KN3PID at the time..)
Ron H.