[AMRadio] RE: Average Age etc..

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Mon Jul 23 21:52:56 EDT 2007

That was interesting reading Ken.  Up until you started with
high power, I was with you.  I licensed in late 1955 and got
on 80 meter CW as a Novice about 6 months later.  My parents
would not let me order anything until I knew I had passed
the test.  ARC equipment followed for about a year and a
half.  I did not have a high power AM signal until 1992 when
I found this Globe King 500A.

I do wish I had  my old Novice license, but I know that is
long gone.  The best I can do is a QSL card from my elmer
dated early 1957.  You have made me wonder if anyone here
has a QSL from KN5MDQ or K5MDQ, especially the Novice one.
I would like to find a copy.

Jim/W5JO