[AMRadio] Re: Average Age etc..

Bill Fondren bill.fondren at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 24 13:37:19 EDT 2007

Brian     I'll toss my hat in as well as K5BAI's (no computer).  I'll be 76 in  Oct and Jim is 78.  Both of us are on AM each morning from north Texas.  I well remember when I got my First Class ticket.  Kansas City the day before Thanksgiving way back when.  I show up and only one  inspector was there, no one else. They only give the test on certain days but because I had come from Springfield (200 mile away) and he wanted company I guess, he gave me the test, graded it and I went home with a First Class License.  Found out later he was from Springfield.  Maybe that helped.    Good to read all the stories.    My story is on QRZ.   Bill  K5PML

"A.R.S. - WA5AM" <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:  Geoff,

Don't forget Mr. Lum/K5AYD still on just about every day and late
night from Cache, OK. Lum is, or will be 87 this year, born in 1920.
WWII vet, etc. BTW, I think Perry IS on this list, however he hasn't
posted anything yet.

This thread really makes me feel like a youngster. I'll be 50 in a
few months, and now it won't bother me so much...

73
Brian / wa5am