[AMRadio] Average OP Age

Warren Elly w1gud at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Jul 24 20:15:21 EDT 2007

I just hope we encourage some younger folks (like the 20 something
who checked in) by not only trying to interest them in AM, but also
giving them the kind of deals that got us started. There's nothing
wrong with returning the favor of the cheap  dx-100, ranger, or
art-13 starter rigs so many of us enjoyed back in the day thanks to
an OM willing to pass along a bargain to keep AM on the air.

I'm 56, haven't been without an AM rig since 1967...
latest project...bc-610I...
this has been a GREAT thread...

Thanks to all

Warren W1GUD
Tampa Bay

ps- I just finished taking ALL my boatanchors, save a DX-100 and
R-388, to higher, air conditioned ground in storage... I figure I
took about a thousand pounds of stuff out for hurricane season,
living as I do at 9 feet above sea level...