[AMRadio] Subj change - HB designs

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 05:55:29 EDT 2007

Jim Wilhite wrote:
> Ok very good.  Something about that transformer rings a bell, but I
> don't remember the story.  Was it frequency response?

Oh, I don't know.  That's the same transformer Otis uses in his 833 rig.

It's a 500w transformer, but the plate on the secondary says "Max
current =m 0.198A" which means if you run more than 200mA through the
secondary, the core gets saturated.  I used that trasnformer for a pair
of 250TH's modulating a pair of 250TH's.  Gosh, I think you were still
living living in Belton when that was going on.  Musta been back around
1997/98/99 area..

--
73