[AMRadio] age poll

Todd, KA1KAQ ka1kaq at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 08:59:56 EDT 2007

On 7/24/07, KX5KW <ars.kx5kw at gmail.com> wrote:
>   W5PYT - Not only were his transmissions lengthy but usually packed with
> technical content.  Who can imagine wanting to listen to a 5 minute
> description of the breakdown of a carbon resistor, but somehow most of it
> seemed interesting and informative, whatever the topic.
>
> If I remember right, a 15-20 minute transmission was probably typical and 30
> to 45 minutes not uncommon.

Yes, the times I heard him up here in VT he usually went on for 20
minutes or so. If nothing else, it was easier to get him tuned in
through any noise.

I recall a lengthy explanation of RCA receivers late one evening.
Interesting indeed, I was just surprised to leave the room and come
back a while later to hear him still talking.

~ Todd,  KA1KAQ