[AMRadio] Subj change - HB designs

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Thu Jul 26 10:17:08 EDT 2007

Push pull parallel can be hard to do.
I have a push pull parallel 100TH deck, and it
does not sound very good when compared to the
4x150 deck running AB1.
Same drive audio, same mod transformer, much worse
sound.

With 4 tubes to drive, it takes a lot of clean
low impedance power to drive class b triodes.
I also think slight differences between tubes introduces
a fair amount of distortion.

Despite it looking very cool (4 100TH tubes behind glass)
I never use the deck, and should scrap it and build
something different.

Brett
N2DTS