[AMRadio] Re: age pole - JKO

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Thu Jul 26 14:01:38 EDT 2007

That Viking I was a great experience for me. I learned a lot from it too.

For the 813, it was an 813 adapted into an 814 base after my 814 died. I used a FW bridge on the Viking I HV supply to get ~ 1500 volts. I used an outboard power supply for the 8417's producing about 550 volts and 300v (regulated). I could get about 150 watts output pretty easy with that rig and still have good AM performance. I had a 125w Stancor polypedance mod transformer. This was a 160-40 rig only.

BTW, that was back in 1975 time frame. Those same 8417's are still in use at ARS W5OMR..

Jim
JKO