[AMRadio] Re: VK1 813 rig

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Jul 30 09:06:00 EDT 2007

A 4D32 is good for about 100 watts of carrier out,
but to get good modulation peaks, they seem to like higher plate
voltages, above 800 volts say.

I am not sure if it's the screen or a lack of peak emission, but
I find if you run them at say 600 volts they just don't make a lot
of positive peaks.

Between say 900 and 1250 volts, they make plenty of positive
peaks though!

In my case, they really seem to love the 1250 volts, and I have tried
them at 1500.

At 1250, I run them at about 100 ma per tube and they seem
to run cool...no color on the plates, no forced air.

You can run them at 600 volts and 200 ma per tube, and
they do fine, except the positive peaks maybe...

Brett
N2DTS