[AMRadio] Yankees vs. Southerners

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 18:57:30 EDT 2007

rbethman wrote:
> I am now in Virginia.  Geoff may argue whether it's the South, BUT it
> was the capitol of the Confederacy.  We do NOT stay inside in the
> summer!  I take my telescopes out year round.  I carry a concealed
> handgun due to the 'critters'!  I'm NOT concerned over the two-legged
> ones.

A friend of mine, Bob, moved to Norfolk/Virginia Beach area back in the
mid/late 90's.  The locals told her "welcome to the South!"  She was
'up' there, from South Texas, and therefore said "If I'm in the South,
how come I had to drive NORTH to get here?"  ;-)

LOTS of 4-legged and slippery/slithery critters in most any place that
has an 'outdoors' (away from the Megalopolis).

Lots of trees in Virginia to hang antennas with, though.  Watch that
vine, though.. it -might- have fangs!

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR