[AMRadio] HB Transmitter Schematic

Tom Elmore tom at telmore.com
Sun Jun 3 06:21:47 EDT 2007

Hello, I recently inherited a HB transmitter from my good friend Bob KL7HDY
who became a SK two months ago. Bob built this transmitter back in the late
1950's in a 6 foot rack enclosure. I am trying to determine if he built this
based upon any popular designs of the day since I do not have a schematic
for it. This is what I know so far:

The final amplifier tube is a single 304TH
It uses link output and is currently set for 15 meters. These output coils
are quite beefy by the way as I believe they were rated for a full KW input.
The modulator uses a pair of 810's.
Bob, had it set up to be driven from a Heathkit TX-1 as the exciter.

Thank You
Tom Elmore KA1NVZ
Anchorage, Alaska