[AMRadio] Re: HV cable

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Wed Jun 6 01:04:07 EDT 2007

Neon sign wire works well.  I think it's about the same stuff as solid
conductor spark plug wire.

A source of the spark plug wire might be from antique tractor enthusiasts.
I  recall a few years ago at the local "threshermen's convention" some guy
was selling spools of it that had been made up to look just like the
original, for authentic replacement.  It had a thick rubber insulation,
which was covered with a laquered fabric.  I bought a roll of it just for
transmitter work.

Don't use rubber HV meter probe wire.  I have used that in the past, and the
transmitter heat eventually dries out the rubber causing the insulation to
become brittle, develop cracks and eventually fail.

Don k4kyv