[AMRadio] Broadcast Transmitters

w6om at cox.net w6om at cox.net
Thu Jun 7 13:27:59 EDT 2007

I recently made the change to a Bauer 707 commercial broadcast transmitter running a pair of 4-400A and modulated by a pair of 4-400A.  After the modification to 75 meters and a few tweaks of the audio processor I must say it would be hard to ever go back to any one of my Johnson Viking Transmitters.

Its not so much the power, its the "very big" iron in the modulator which gives your voice full rich robust presence and sparkle while speaking normally. I'm running mine on low power three nights a week and its not any worse than the swimming pool pump motor running all day.

Try one, its an amazing AM adventure.

Ron Weaver - W6OM

www.qsl.net/w6om