[AMRadio] My Gates BC-1T Project

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Sun Jun 10 20:26:53 EDT 2007

Great photos Brian,
Looks like its coming along nicely. Patience is a good thing to have at this
point,
and don't stop showing those pictures, I am sure others will get the "bug"
save a big rig for themselves.

When I got my RCA BTA1-M, I took a week off from work and spent the
time putting the rig back together and cleaning it up. Managed to get the
thing
on 160, 80, 40, without to much trouble. My only gotcha was the oscillators
of which I have several. I remedied that by driving it with a PTS-40 RF
generator. Also installed PTT, with a "Foot Switch" and heavy relays for the
switching!

Keep up the good work, greeat job so far.
Jim
WB2FCN
http://eshop1.chem.buffalo.edu