[AMRadio] My Gates BC-1T Project

A.R.S. - W5AMI ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 21:16:34 EDT 2007

On 6/10/07, kg4ojz at hotmail.com <kg4ojz at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Nice.... I am restoring a BC-1H and I also have a BC-1T parts transmitter.
> I'd like to discuss mods with you sometime on getting it on 75 and
> 160.  I will be using an HP frequency synthesizer as a vfo.
> Bob KG4OJZ (ex K1SUI)
> kg4ojz at (opposite of cold)mail dot com

I've got a lot of notes from others that came off a CD I copied from
wd5bzo.  Most of them are for the "G" model, however I lot of it
applies to the "T" as well.  I haven't gotten to the point of
conversion yet, however from what I see, there is really not a lot to
it.  80 meters is a bit more involved, however it can be done with
ease.  FT-243 crystals or a VFO like a Johnson 122 can be used with
very little modification to the capacitive divider network in the
oscillator.  I've already ordered a bunch of crystals from Bry Carling
for 160 and 80 meters.

I'll post these files off the CD to my website soon if I can get
permission from Dave/QCU and a few others first, as I've got the space
for it.

73
Brian / wa5am