[AMRadio] My Gates BC-1T Project

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Sun Jun 10 21:50:00 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/10/2007 6:32:57 PM Central Daylight Time,
ars.w5ami at gmail.com writes:

> PS: I'd really like some ideas on simple PTT circuits for this thing.

On my BC-1T I took out the latching jumper on the plate relay (shown on the
diagram as going from #7 of the plate relay to TB-9), and used the normal
external plate switch terminals TB1-8 and -9 for the for the contacts of my remote
control relay.  I run the remote relay on 24 volts via the PTT switch at the
operating position.  Another set of contacts on this relay also keys the
antenna switching coaxial relay on the top of the rig.  I am thinking, however, of
using a backwards 120v/12v transformer in parallel with the 240 VAC primary of
the plate supply to feed the antenna relay coil - that way it would switch
when I press the front panel play lever as well.  Might not be as good, my
present set-up gives a slight sequential timingadvantage:  antenna first, then
plates on.

For the PTT switch that keys the remote relay I used an ordinary SPST wall
switch as used in household wiring.  I mounted it in an outlet box under the
front lip of the operating desk, and added a red light to the cover plate so I
can see it is on.

Steve WD8DAS