[AMRadio] 505kc (was 450T amp)

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 14:57:59 EDT 2007

WE0H wrote:
> hi hi...Pat W5THT is running tubes on the 600 meter band. I recall him
> saying something about his tank coil won't fit inside the amp
> chassis...hi hi...
> But the antennas are not too Wahoo on that band. Most are running 50'
> verticals with big hats. Some are running 200-400+' transmitting
> loops. There are a couple 95' or so foot verticals on the band and
> those guys have the real big signals.
> Anything over 50' tall works on all 3 low bands. Just as the wife
> might say, 'the bigger the better'...hi hi... Nothing too crazy down
> there. Just got to watch A/C resistance on connections so you don't
> start fires or melt connectors...hi hi...
>
> Mike
> WE0H
>
> Rick Brashear wrote:
>> Imagine the tank circuit and how about the antenna!
>> Rick
>>

>> eek, look what I started Jim...hi hi Sorry guys.
>>
>> Maybe we should tell them about the Part 5 license's, might get a few
>> new operators down there. Imagine a kilowatt of AM on 1750 meters? hi
>> hi...

Well... I don't think you'd need everything that the 450TL could dish
out, but if someone is interested in using the amp, we can certainly
discuss options :-)

Contact me off-list.

Oh, and to clarify... the tube was run at half-filament voltage for
about 15 mins.. B+ was applied, slowly with a variac, just to see if it
would develop grid and plate current.  it does, and isn't gassy.

--
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR