[AMRadio] 505kc (was 450T amp)

WE0H we0h at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 13 15:10:00 EDT 2007

Our power limit so far on 600 meters is 20w ERP which can take a
kilowatt to get as antenna efficiency is ha ha down there. But the
little antennas do radiate and the signals go far with easy. Still
plenty of room for big tube's. In the winter it only takes 25-35w output
power to cover the whole lower 48 states with regular CW. Way further
using QRSS of course. Rudy N7LF was seen in the South Pacific & Alaska.
Summertime takes more power. EU CW may be possible this coming winter
with the guys running larger tube amps as they get experience with the
equipment and antennas. A 250TH was on my mind lately...

Mike
WE0H