[AMRadio] 500 Kc (was Re: 450T amp)

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Wed Jun 13 16:03:56 EDT 2007

That would be way cool!  You sure wouldn't have to go far for a receiver.
When I was in high school we used to play on the AM broadcast band with
small  transmitters we'd cobble up from AC/DC projects.  Not much range, but
lots of fun!

Rick

On Behalf Of Bry Carling

Why the heck don't they give hams 455 kHz as a CW
channel since no one is using it any more? Or even as an AM
CHANNEL?!!! Now THERE is a cool idea! You could easily detune
the old tube AM broadcast band receivers to use them on that
frequency!  Pad those caps down from 530 kc. to 455 kc.

An idea whose time has COME!