[AMRadio] 500 Kc (was Re: 450T amp)

James M. Walker chejmw at acsu.buffalo.edu
Wed Jun 13 21:06:41 EDT 2007

If the M.O. output is stable, with and without keying, then it would be just
fine, for CW anyway, one of my transmitters is the RCMA ET-8010A
pair of 211s in the final 807 driver, 807 M.O. and is extremely stable for
that era, remarkably so.

There are those who would say you need the latest digital whiz-bang Gimcrack
but that is not necessarily the case.

One way to find out if 500 KC might be of interest to you is to dust off a
receiver
tune to the freqs. and see what you hear, mind it will be mostly CW, and CW
beacons for now, but this is just the first round.

Signals are being monitored and you can see if/when folks are transmitting
over the internet by going to

http://www.lowfer.us/grabber.htm
or for Buffalo, NY
http://eshop1.chem.buffalo.edu/Buf-Grab.html
or for Kellog, Ohio
http://ne-ohio-grabber.kn8azn.com/NE_Ohio_Grabber.html
or for Seneca, Missouri
http://www.lowfer.us/mograb.htm

There are lots of opportunities for development work, (homebrewing)
antenna work, (a 30 to 40 foot vertical works), and testing your skills
against band conditions.

Join us, "The scared ones never left, and the weak ones died along the way!"
Jim
WB2FCN/WD2XSH-22
http://eshop1.chem.buffalo.edu