[AMRadio] 500 Kc (Old Gear)

WE0H we0h at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 14:02:04 EDT 2007

Go to https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/els/
Read the instructions for a Form 442. The last I heard it was 55 bucks. 
Can take a few months or take a year for them to get their research done 
and grant a license. Be patient for sure. I just seen they changed the 
site a little. Shouldn't be any trouble. Do your research, they need 
your lat/lon and lots of detailed info so they know where you are 
building the station. You will also need to convince them why you should 
have a license. Easy stuff to do, just takes time. It weeds out the ones 
that don't want to take the time or wait the time to get a Part 5 
license. Do a general freq search for the 135.7-137.5kc, 160-190kc, and 
then the 505-515kc bands and read the other guys applications. That will 
give you answers to what the OET is looking to hear. I'll throw my 
callsign's on my signature so you can read my application if you like. 
The WD2XSH is the ARRL license which I am a member of.


Bry Carling wrote:
> How do you apply for the special permit to get on there?

More information about the AMRadio mailing list

This page last updated 23 Feb 2018.