[AMRadio] 500 Kc (Old Gear)

WE0H we0h at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 14 14:02:04 EDT 2007

Go to https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/els/
Read the instructions for a Form 442. The last I heard it was 55 bucks.
Can take a few months or take a year for them to get their research done
and grant a license. Be patient for sure. I just seen they changed the
site a little. Shouldn't be any trouble. Do your research, they need
your lat/lon and lots of detailed info so they know where you are
building the station. You will also need to convince them why you should
have a license. Easy stuff to do, just takes time. It weeds out the ones
that don't want to take the time or wait the time to get a Part 5
license. Do a general freq search for the 135.7-137.5kc, 160-190kc, and
then the 505-515kc bands and read the other guys applications. That will
give you answers to what the OET is looking to hear. I'll throw my
callsign's on my signature so you can read my application if you like.
The WD2XSH is the ARRL license which I am a member of.

Mike
WE0H
WD2XGI
WD2XSH/16