[AMRadio] SX-62 restoration

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:03:19 EDT 2007

Todd, KA1KAQ wrote:
> On 6/19/07, Mark Foltarz <Foltarz at rocketmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Anyone ever do powder coating curing in the kitchen oven ?
>
> No, but I've used the oven for Rustoleum paint curing and it works
> great. Not sure if it's as tough as power coating, but I've yet to
> chip or scratch anything cured in this manner.
>
> Sure does stink up the house. Not sure how or if the new XYL will take
> to this....

Just do it, Todd.  Break her in, right :-)  Tell her "but honey, this is
a -must- for working on these old radios!"

and, good luck, m'friend ;-)

I've used the black krinkle you can buy at the auto-parts places.  That,
and a shade-less lamp on the back side of the surface that was sprayed,
in a dry area, with no wind blowing.  That would -have- to be an
outdoors project, through.

--
73