[AMRadio] Casters

A.R.S. - WA5AM ars.w5ami at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 15:31:53 EDT 2007

On 6/24/07, A.R.S. -  WA5AM <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/23/07, Rick Brashear <rickbras at airmail.net> wrote:
> > I'm looking for a set of four casters.  The specifications are:
> >
> > 3" wheels
> > Wheels MUST have bearings (not bushings)
> > Ball bearing swivel on all four
> > 4 hole plate mount
> > 300 pound capacity each (minimum)

BTW Rick, it's going to be hard to find casters with axle bearings for
only a 300 pound load.  You may have to go with something rated at a
lot more weight.  Those "v" grooves I got were rated at 1/2 ton each,
I think.  Way more than I needed, however they worked great, but cost
a bit more than I wanted to spend.

FYI, I had my local sheet metal shop cut me two 5" x 36" x 1/2" steel
plate and drill holes for my caster hardware.  We put both these under
each side of the BC-1T with ease.  They are not attached, only held by
friction of the weight, and I assure you they stay in place.

Also, I bought the swivel casters from Home Depot for less than $20
each, and they don't seem to mind the weight at all.  They are the
ones with the 4 bolt plate.  I can move it by myself on the concrete
slab, but not with one hand.  I have to put some weight into it, but
once in motion, it seems to go where I want it.  No wheel bearings,
just swivel bearings in these.

Brian