[AMRadio] Casters

Rick Brashear rickbras at airmail.net
Sun Jun 24 15:56:56 EDT 2007

Brian,
Thanks for the info and link.  You're right about the weight versus wheel
bearings.  I just hope I can find some that have 3" wheels at the higher
weight.  I have swivel casters from Home Depot under one of the BC-610's and
as you said they work just fine with a little weight behind them, something
I have too much of!  I am willing to spend the extra money to get the
bearings so the GE will roll as smoothly as the RCA.  It is simply amazing,
I can move the RCA with a couple of fingers.  The problem there is stopping
the monster!  I'll go over to Caster City and see if I can nail down a few.
I found them at Grainger and surprisingly their price was competitive.  Ten
years ago I'd have been happy with glides, but not any more.

Thanks again,
Rick

On 6/24/07, A.R.S. -  WA5AM <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/23/07, Rick Brashear <rickbras at airmail.net> wrote:

BTW Rick, it's going to be hard to find casters with axle bearings for
only a 300 pound load.  You may have to go with...