[AMRadio] interesting items

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 09:19:11 EDT 2007

Ed Sieb wrote:
> Don Merz,  N3RHT is  selling these. He posted these  on various lists a few
> days  ago, including the AM Radio list.

maybe I need to pay more attention to his posts, then.

What got my attention is the fact that eb*y sends me mail when 250TH's
become available.  My homebrew rig uses (4) four.  ALWAYS need a good
source of spares.

As far as the transmitter that he's selling that uses a single 250TH
driven and modulated by 6146s... uhh... huh?

Even the venerable '610, and it's military constraints used 200w of
dissipation to modulate 250w of dissipation... not 130.

Gotta think it'd be a bit thin on audio.

Oh, well.. just speculating and lamenting...

--
73