[AMRadio] AM boatanchors galore! "Every Single Minute"

Ed Sieb esieb at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 3 22:15:37 EST 2007

AM boatanchors galore!

"Every Single Minute"

Cross-posted from another list...

Ed, VA3ES

>From Bob,  W9RAN:

Wow, I had no idea this film existed - but if you've got 22 minutes and
broadband - it's the neatest collection of late 50's era ham radio
operation I've ever seen:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2943570522939177086&hl=en

You have to endure the interview for the first 5 minutes or so - then it
gets into a 1959 publicity film for the Phil Mont Mobile Radio Club of
Philadelphia which shows actual hams running their home and mobile 10
meter rigs  - Johnsons, Gonsets, Hallicrafters - the works.  Actual
footage, not just interviews!  Very cool and I just wish there were a
way to download it off Google - anyone know?

Kudos to Rick W9WS who posted this to another list today.

73,  Bob W9RAN