[AMRadio] Meter Sticking SB-220

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Tue Mar 6 10:19:57 EST 2007

Yes there is Greg.  Put the meter in the highest resistance
reading (assuming a Simpson 260), place the knob in the R
times 10,000 position and put the probes across the meter.
If your new meter is a very sensitive meter, it will read up
scale some.  If it is a 1 MA movement (I assume it is), then
it won't read much and you can move the knob on the Simpson
to the R times 100 position and the meter should read
upscale.  If it moves upscale some and drops to zero as it
should, you will be good to go.

You can do this with a digital meter, but be sure it is not
auto ranging.  Your digital meter, if you use one, must have
selectable ranges and you should start with the highest
resistance range and lower it one step at a time until you
see a reading.

73  Jim
W5JO