[AMRadio] new antenna (again).

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Mar 9 21:26:02 EST 2007

I took down the alpha delta dx-dd and the homebrew G5RV, and put
up an 80 and 40 meter dipole fed with the same coax.

Keeping them from twisting up was a chore, what with them getting
snagged in the smaller trees on the way up.

Anyway, I got it up and put the 756 pro into it, and tuned
across 80 and 40 meters, resonance was at 3750 and 7176, about
1.2 to 1 swr, and broad banded...

So I cut a foot off each end of each dipole, and got
3887 and 7500!
Quite a jump from 7176  to 7500!

Tomorrow I will lower it and solder on some pig tails to
the 40 meter section that I can trim without redoing the
entire antenna.

Seems to work well, on receive anyway, and I will like
changing bands without changing antenna's or using a tuner.

The 80 meter section goes through the trees and bends down
a little, but I used insulated wire.

Brett
N2DTS