[AMRadio] new antenna (again).

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Sat Mar 10 19:46:02 EST 2007

Yes, I worked on it most of today, the 80 meter
portion was ok for the most part, the 40 meter section was acting
crazy, and kept getting tangled up with the 80 meter part.
SWR at 7290 was 5 to 1. That is bad.
I added lengths to the end of the 40 meter part but
it just acted nuts, the 80 and 40 meter segments were interacting..

I gave up  and took it down, cut the 40 meter section off,
and changed to open wire line feeder from the antenna to rooftop.

So I had 60 foot each side and about 40 feet of open wire line,
and the heath kit antenna tuner arced at high power
under modulation on 80 meters.

I tried adding 30 feet of open wire line, no improvement.
I then cut the antenna down to 50 feet each side, with 40 feet of
open wire line (roughly G5RV lengths) and it works fine again.

I will have to think about what to try next.

Brett
N2DTS