[AMRadio] National PW Dial

D. Chester k4kyv at charter.net
Mon Mar 12 12:06:57 EST 2007

    >Does anyone have any information on getting a PW dial { 0 to 500 units)
to directly correspond to 0 - 500 Khz. in a VFO circuit? I have the National
 >"PW Condensor", a PW dial with a 155 pF. air variable. Thanks, Byron
WA5THJ.

>It might be possible, by carefully pruning the coil, and adjusting the end
>plates of the capacitor by bending them in and out.  It would depend on the
>fixed >capacitors used in the tuned circuit.

Good luck.

It would probably be more trouble than it's worth, since the capacitor will
need to be somewhere intermediate between straight-line frequency and
straight-line capacitance, and which would be designed to work over a
specific, limited range of maximum to  minimum frequencies.

Probably better to just do like National did with the HRO and NC-101 series:
make up a tuning chart.

Don k4kyv