[AMRadio] National PW Dial

Brett gazdzinski brett.gazdzinski at verizonbusiness.com
Mon Mar 12 13:11:37 EST 2007

As Don said, I don't think you could get a cap to
do that, maybe a pto inductor would work, they seem
to be able to track turns to frequency, although its
over many turns, not just 180 degrees, and it has a
special wound coil I think.

I am no good at marking frequencies on a dial so
they look nice, and things can drift, circuit changes
may eliminate any and all accuracy, so I went to a digital
readout (freq counter off the local osc) on the receivers.

I have not figured out a way to make that work with a VFO,
as its off during receive. A spot switch that turns on
the oscillator tube would work, but the display would be
blank during receive unless its on.
If its on, RF will get into the receivers....

Brett
N2DTS