[AMRadio] A Phoenix rises from the ashes...

ne1s ne1s at neandertech.com
Thu Mar 22 12:37:21 EST 2007

Forwarded from another list:

"Hosstrader Hamfesters take note, here is the successor

The NEW ENGLAND AMATEUR RADIO FESTIVAL (NEAR-Fest) will hold its'
Spring 2007 get-together and flea market on Friday May 4th and
Saturday May 5th at the Deerfield Fairgrounds located on Highway 43
in the Town of Deerfield, New Hampshire USA.

http://near-fest.com

Be there! Aloha.
73,
Michael, W1RC"

This is great news for a couple of reasons:

(1) Here in New England, Hosstraders was the largest & coolest* of all the
hamfests, held once in the spring and once in the fall. We were all very
bummed, to say the least, when the group that organized the fester announced
their "retirement." Now a new fest is filling the slot.

(2) Doubly cool is the fact that it will be held at the Deerfield NH
fairgrounds, where Hosstraders was held back in its heydey, and where I
attended my first hamfest back in 1983. Just about anyone who attended
Hosstraders during the Deerfield days regards this site as the best venue.
"Holy Ground," in fact.

I'm a happy camper.

*very high quality/crap** ratio as far as wares offered, and big AMer
turnout/party.

**quality = tube radio equipment; crap = ceramic lawn frogs (for example)

73,
 -Larry/NE1S