[AMRadio] Larger-than-stock modulation transformer

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Thu Mar 22 19:18:58 EST 2007

This week I had an idea on how to accomodate the larger-than-stock modulation
transformer *inside* the cabinet of my Gates BC-1T...

I made a platform to support it above the other transformers and caps on the
floor of the transmitter.   It is made of a 15" square of 3/4" plywood with
four legs of 1/2" iron pipe threaded into floor flanges.  I had to unlace the HV
wiring to reach the connections, but all the wires dressed nicely and the
rigs is running fine.

The legs are spaced 12" apart on one axis and 9" apart on the other to fall
between the parts on the bottom of the rig.

Steve WD8DAS