[AMRadio] New Guy to AM

Bow kd5kzn at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 23 01:47:48 EST 2007

 Hello all,
I'm a new guy to the AM Radio list, my Name is Scott, my friends call me Bow
(like bow and arrow).
I am located on the northwest side Houston, TX and I like to homebrew.

I have built quite a few tube guitar amps and such from scratch, and now I
am interested in cooking up an AM transmitter to get on the air... Tubes, of
course. :)

I recently acquired some 815s and 807W tubes (2 each) that I would like to
put to use.

Until I get my homebrew project started, I will be putting my Knight T60 on
the air, just to try it out. I am currently waiting for the DDS VFO kit that
I ordered to come in, as that will be the VFO I use for the T60, as will as
other transmitter projects.
I have a EF Johnson Messenger Two 11 meter rig that I will be putting on the
10 Meter AM band as well, when 10 meters opens up again.
I also have a Icom IC-718 that is on the air now.

I hope to catch you on the bands.

Bow

W5EFR