[AMRadio] New Guy to AM

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Thu Mar 22 21:10:09 EST 2007

Hi Bow:

Welcome to the list.  You will find a large group here that
will provide you with support and assistance as time goes by
with your needs, be it parts or just advice.

Your location is perfect to attend the gathering at Belton
which is about 3 weeks away.  It is a great place for parts
including transformers, chokes, tubes and things needed to
home brew a transmitter.  It is also a great place for you
to find some sort of amplifier should you choose to do that.

There is always a large gathering of folks who prefer AM to
other modes, which will welcome you into their midst.  Try
to make that one if possible.  They will be identified by
the banner of QCWA Chapter 207.

In the meantime, put anything you have on the air.
Propagation is good right now, except for the static
generated by thunderstorms.  Next fall and winter will be
great.  Tune around 3.880, 3.900 to find people in your
area.  There are several.

Hope to work you soon.

73   Jim
W5JO