[AMRadio] New Guy to AM

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Thu Mar 22 21:30:57 EST 2007

  Hi Bow - please be welcome, and its so good to have another AMer to
ragchew with - digitally or analogly...  ;}

   I like to remind folks that many legacy broadcast transmitters are
hitting the landfills and scrap-yrads with sickening regularity - if you
have the room and the wherewithall - please consider 'adopting' one of the
old AM boxes - they come in all sizes and flavors - 250 - 500 - 1KW, and
many can be had for the asking. Some have a cost, depending on the
availablility and rarity, but we are probably the last folks who give a
damn about preserving our historic and rich broadasting history.

   Ok, git off the damn soapbox already, John....   ;}

   Hope to work you soon on 75 (3870 - 80 - 90 kc) from Carson City, NV.

   Best 73!

Cheers

John KB6SCO
DM09fg