[AMRadio] New Guy to AM

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Thu Mar 22 21:41:17 EST 2007

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Bow wrote:

> Thanks John...
>
> How does someone find these old AM BC transmitters?

   Here on The List is a good place to start - also they turn up on eBay -
plus a lot of radio station engineers were/are hams, and if you can hook
up with those guys in your local area, many of them are only too happy to
have that Big Old Box out of thier buildings and hair, in that order.

   It takes a bit of patience - but with the Rush to Digital - a lot of
analog gear is becoming obsolete.

   I'll forward a pic of my station privaetly to you - I am currently
restoring an RCA BTA-1MX 1KW rig...  uses a pair of 833As plate modulated
by another pair - and the rest of the tubes are all 807s... except the
rectifiers, of course...

   Cheers

John
KB6SCO