[AMRadio] 4-400 first made when?

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Fri Mar 23 10:16:34 EST 2007

   In doing some research - I notice that the 4-400 seems to be a fairly
late arrival, at least as far as RCA is concerned. It's in none of my
HB-3s, not in my 1962 TT5, but is in the 1975 TT5 manual.   Since my
transmitting tube library has this 12-year gap, I'm assuming RCA began to
produce the device sometime after 1964... does anyone have better info on
the history and development of this very 'popular' power tube?

   Thanks in advance for any enlightenment!

Okay - over and out...

Cheers

John
KB6SCO