[AMRadio] Re: 4-400

John King k5pgw at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 24 17:16:12 EST 2007

Paul and the reflector, CQ magazine for November 1957,
the annual antenna issue, has a very good and lengthy
article on the construction of an HF amplifier
utilizing two 4-400 A tubes. It uses a multiband
switching grid input and I think the grid coil turret
was the Harrington. It used a B&W final tank coil. I
think there might have also been an AM modulator, I
really don't remember for sure. My magazines are in
Louisiana and i am in Colorado, otherwise, I could
pass along the page number. 73, John, K5PGW