[AMRadio] VJB Paul Reception Report

DOXEMF at aol.com DOXEMF at aol.com
Sun Mar 25 11:43:56 EST 2007

 Hello,
Interesting propagation last night (Sat).
 Paul VJB came into a Northeast roundtable on 75 around 10:00
with a good +++ signal.
 Good to hear you Paul !!
 But conditions rrapidly changed with at least 3 QSO's going within 1kc or so including the SSB that was underneath originally.
 About 10:30-11:00 or so the band abruptly went almost completely dead with a measurable 10db drop in all received signals.
 Then it suddenly went long but not in the usual west/midwest
direction but south /sw with Punta Gorda and Lauderdale FL
and other states in the south east of the Mississippi coming in strong. Also strong ssb in Spanish/Mex was present.
 Locals here in a 300 mile radius were barely heard.

Don't think that I have ever seen Florida stations that strong here and with a better antenna they would have been good Q5 copy.

 Think we are seeing signs of the global warming issue appear on H.F. propagation.
 Or maybe spring is finally coming.

Bill,
KB3DKS/1 receiving only........for now