40m report (was Re: [AMRadio] VJB Paul Reception Report)

Geoff/W5OMR ars.w5omr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 18:51:39 EST 2007

A.R.S. - W5AMI wrote:
> On 3/25/07, DOXEMF at aol.com <DOXEMF at aol.com> wrote:
>>  Think we are seeing signs of the global warming issue appear on H.F.
>> propagation.
>>  Or maybe spring is finally coming.
>
> Somehow I don't think "Global Warming" has anything to do with this.
> HF propagation has done odd things for many years, and this is not
> that odd.  I'd prefer not to get the "global warming" issue mixed into
> AM radio or HF propagation since it does seem to be such a political
> issue at this time...;)

and we know how some people allegedly perceive political discussions in
this list, don't we?  (said, with my tongue planted firmly in my cheek!) ;-)

Speaking of hAM Radio, I was on 40m/m today, with the same exact radio
that Larry/WD5CFJ hooked Otis/K5SWK up with.  There's got to be an
internal pot that needs adjusting in my rig... I was showing audio out,
but no carrier.  Was talking with Louie/WA5BLQ up in Nail, AR (after he
signed with Duie/K5KZQ in Austin, TX) and on BLQ's 75A-2, he had to go
to the CW mode to copy me.  I think later he switched to his Drake R-2B

*shrug*  Oh, well... something else to do when I get home...  I picked
up this rig on the road, on the way to New Orleans, got a 40m Ham Stick
here -in- New Orleans, and got a 17m hamstick when I went to TenTec, in
Sevierville, TN for my finacee's funeral at the beginning of this month.
Looking forward to being home this coming Friday/Saturday for a couple
of weeks, and making the Belton, TX Hamfest.  I've been on the road
since the 13th of Feb.  Missed Valentines Day, missed Mom's b'day, went
back for 1 funeral in San Antonio, and the aforementioned funeral in
Pigeon Forge, Tennessee... missed some work, because of both...  Been an
interesting 6 weeks, to say the least!

The one thing I've found for myself to be constant through all the
suffering, is this saying;

"Today, I was able to wake up, walk, talk and bitch about things I can't
change.
Today, I'm too Blessed to be Stressed."

    "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez"
    <http://www.igougo.com/travelcontent/journal.aspx?JournalID=1486>