[AMRadio] Sort of off topic, but real awesome

Bill Fondren bill.fondren at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 25 19:30:03 EST 2007

What a video   I was the EE at a steel Mill for 30 some odd years and we fed the plant with 118 KV.  About twice a year for maintenance we opened the line switches and got the same results, just not quite as spectacular.  Bill   K5PML

"A.R.S. - W5AMI" <ars.w5ami at gmail.com> wrote:  Kent/KA5MIR sent me these links. 345KV supply switches being shut
off. The switches did their job, however the voltage had a brief
delay in the idea of being turned off and decided to complain a bit!

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8301293089993443959&q=voltage

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3005249485929960832&q=switch

--
Suburbia is where the developer bulldozes out the trees, then names
the streets after them. - Bill Vaughan