[AMRadio] RCA Console

Bill Smith hbco2 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 27 11:41:58 EST 2007

Hi Rick,

I don't recall seeing any.  RCA made custom equipment, and control consoles
for transmitters above 5 Kw.  They were not remote control but were designed
for emplacement in front of the large transmitters.  Don't know if they made
a panel for the 1R. That doesn't mean much, as only have limited
information.  Have seen one panel with a Gates label and worked with a
similar panel made by Rust (to control a 1MX), but don't know who actually
made it.  The Rust unit used GE meters, and the Gates used Weston meters.

Bill