[AMRadio] THE VIKING II AND FRIED HAM

DOXEMF at aol.com DOXEMF at aol.com
Wed Mar 28 01:35:32 EST 2007

Hello,
 The Antenna relay socket is a simple crystal socket in my VKII's. I just took a useless metal xtal, unsoldered the shell and made an opening for a grommet and zip cord to go to the relay. Then resoldered and injected silicone glue past the cord.
  One of those things you do when it is needed.
  But when I get around to rebuilding the VK's will place a small 24 volt transformer or a relay inside and put pin jack
sockets or whatever connector will mount in the holes without modification.

 Definitely a dangerous spot for hot AC line voltage!!
Can't imagine what EFJ was thinking there! A simple AC socket like on stereo amps would have been fine.

 Of course the line cord must be 3 wire polarized and properly fused.

73's
 Bill
KB3DKS/1