[AMRadio] electricity

Jim Candela jcandela at prodigy.net
Wed Mar 28 13:38:02 EST 2007

Actually, you can toss the 9v battery into a fish bowel filled with Guppies. The electric field extends away from the terminals in a cardioid pattern forming a partial sphere about the size of a large marble. Any fish that swims into the field goes into a severe muscular contraction, and cardiac arrest. Then a moment later their momentum moves them out of the field, and they resume normal fish activity. This is a really cool experiment! ;-)