[AMRadio] More electricity

Bill Smith hbco2 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 28 19:34:12 EST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: <DOXEMF at aol.com>
To: "Discussion of AM Radio in the Amateur Service"
<amradio at mailman.qth.net>

>   When I was in High School Voc.Tech. in the late 60's we used to charge
up a good axial H.V. electrolytic with the leads wrapped around the ends and
say .... catch, to an unspecting classmate.
>   We also did the,... hold on to two can lytics with the cans connected to
the cap tester, a big CDE, and see how high the leakage test voltage would
get before letting go.

>  Betcha I'm not the only one with these type memories ;)
>
> Bill,
> KB3DKS/1

One wonders how many people have been left with a deep sense of awe and fear
due their unfortunate early contact with electricity.  Seems this was
something of a very wide practice.  Maybe that is why there aren't any
electric shops left in High Schools.  ;^)

Bill